What is FST?
FST is one of the quickest, most effective and pleasant methods to eliminate pain, restore function, move & feel better in activities of life, fitness and sports!
What is fascia?
Fascia is your connective tissue — which is the most influential structure in your body affecting your flexibility. Fascia covers your joints, ligaments, tendons, muscles organs and bones. Age, trauma, injuries, poor posture and inadequate training can distort, twist and tighten the fascia. This can cause pain and discomfort in joints, muscles, tendons, ligaments and discs.
Changes to the fascia can cause major and minor imbalances in strength, speed, flexibility, balance and agility, but usually the cause goes undetected because most professionals do not stretch and align the fascia. For a great easy read on Fascia and why you should care what it is, check out this article. For a more detailed and super cool video of fascia “fuzz” click here (warning: video contains graphic content about fascia)..
What are the consequences of tight fascia and restricted joint capsules?
- More sluggish movements, and longer recovery times
- Decreased joint space, which can lead to daily aches and pains and eventually degenerative joint diseases such as osteoarthritis
- Increased muscle tone which can lead to trigger points, strains, tendonitis and tears
- Increased nervous tissue tone which can lead to headaches, and muscle
- Increased scar tissue formation
- Decreased blood flow, energy levels and mood
Clinical studies have shown that this form of stretching can increase flexibility by up to 52% in just one session!!
Benefits of Stretching your Fascia include:
- Faster, stronger, more efficient training
- Improved strength and ROM
- Improved posture, and reduction of aches and pains
- Improved athletic performance and shorter recovery times
- Reduced risk of injuries
- Endorphins which are natural pain suppressants
- Decreased stress
- Decreased muscle soreness